The London International Animation Festival MISSION STATEMENT
The London International Animation Festival proudly supports, delivers and advocates the whole spectrum of animation, showing that animation is for everyone.
Our vision is to be a central hub for animation in the UK, working with key players to support, deliver and advocate animation in London, the UK and the World.
- Each year LIAF’s UK Animation Industry Event gathers together several panels of industry experts and creative talent from a wide range of different areas and backgrounds to highlight and deconstruct key issues, informing our audience and enabling them to gain insider access to the most vital topics of the year. These events are free-of-charge, internationally-available livestreams, and are also uploaded to our YouTube archive.
- Expanding on our partnerships to ensure: LIAF activities are sustainable; the retention of our talented team; increased financial rewards to our award-winning filmmakers; continued cross-promotion with like-minded organisations; the growth of our network of established venues.
- Continuing to introduce diverse talent to our audiences through retrospectives and international programming. LIAF works with embassies and international organisations to bring as much talent to the UK and to our global online audience, as possible.
- Developing our established University partnerships, mentoring animation students in the production of official LIAF stings and trailers and promoting student work.
- With annual screenings celebrating British animation and international student animation, LIAF continues to throw the spotlight on the UK animation scene and the next generation of global talent.
- Continuing to build upon our online archive of commissioned articles.
- Increasing the filming of live venue-based Q&As and Screentalks for international availability online.
- LIAF has developed into a new hybrid format via an online streaming platform, offering increased accessibility to UK and international audiences.
- Expansion of our regular London venues, engaging with and expanding upon our local audiences.
- Touring the UK to bring independent animation to cinemas up and down the country.
- Curating for some of the biggest film festivals around the world.
- Championing even more British animation by curating for international festivals.
- Communicating with new audiences via specialised programming with targeted audiences.
- Expanding our audiences locally, nationally AND internationally.
- Adding context to screenings by commissioning articles for our website archive, including interviews with filmmakers and a broader range of issues in the independent animation scene.
- Actively pursuing partnerships with other arts festivals and organisations for collaborations and cross-promotion.