We are incredibly excited to welcome two of the World’s most exceptionally talented proponents of ‘Direct Animation’ to LIAF 2017. Maciek Baczyk and Aga Jarzab (both animators and musicians from Poland, collectively known as KinoManual) will be running a unique workshop for anyone who wants to experiment with the moving image and sound, as well as get messy, have fun… and make a film!
This one-day workshop will encourage participants to explore the huge array of techniques that ‘camera-less’ filmmaking embraces, as well as discover new approaches along the way. You’ll be encouraged to select materials, techniques and tools that work for you. Drawing, painting, scratching, sticking, bleaching, applying Letraset, stamps, flowers, leaves and all manner of other small objects – all can be applied directly onto the surface of leader (blank) film and previously shot material. You’ll work with a 16mm projector, or simple animation software and a digital camera. All you need is patience, imagination and a sense of fun.
This workshop is designed for beginners, people who want to take their first step into experimental animation, as well as more experienced animators who want to take risks with animation.
Suitable for all ages (children 10 years+). All materials provided. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Please bring along your lunch (there are limited shops and cafes nearby)
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Film & Video Workshop book tickets
Directions to Film & Video Workshop from Camden tube
Nearest Tubes – Camden Town and Caledonian Road
• Go to the bus stop outside Sainsbury’s on Camden Road, buses are: 253 and the 29 going North.
• Get off the bus after 7 stops at the top of the hill, past the big junction with York Way, (some stops may be request stops)
• Walk back to York Way and turn left
• Take the first left onto Hungerford Road
• Walk down Hungerford Road past the big school called The Bridge, look for black metal gates on your right
• Find the smaller black metal gate for pedestrians, push “The Film & Video Workshop” buzzer using the bottom set of buzzers
• Walk past the school reception on your left and continue into the playground
• Look left
(parking is available in the ground of Hungerford School)